Re: Temporal reference system

> Frans,
>
> On Friday, June 05, 2015 4:41 PM, Frans Knibbe wrote:
>
> > Is everyone happy with the way the requirement is phrased now?
> >
> > "If a temporal reference is used, the description of the temporal
> reference
> > system (e.g. Unix date, Gregorian Calendar, Japanese Imperial Calendar,
> > Carbon Date, Geological Date) needs to be referenceable online."
>
> Does this imply a default TRS if none is mentioned, similar to the CRS in
> WKT (or is that orthogonal to this requirement)?

I don't think so. This is only about cases where a TRS is used.
But isn't it true that if data types like xsd:dateTime or xsd:sgYear are
used the TRS is implicit? I think there is a differene here with spatial
data, where it is possible to say that coordinates are latitude and
longitude without it being clear which CRS is used.

By the way, our requirement(s) for default CRS are not clear yet.

The question asked here does seem to hint at the requirement not being
clear yet. Is there is way it could be improved?

Regards,
Frans