W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-sdw-wg@w3.org > June 2015

[Minutes] 2015-06-10

From: Phil Archer <phila@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2015 08:11:58 +0100
Message-ID: <557934BE.6010300@w3.org>
To: SDW WG Public List <public-sdw-wg@w3.org>
Apologies, again, for not being able to join yesterday's call. Around 
that time, Clemens and I were in conversation with Denise (hence the 
'frozen' thread - thanks for sorting that).

The minutes of the call are at http://www.w3.org/2015/06/10-sdw-minutes. 
Snapshot below as normal.



           Spatial Data on the Web Working Group Teleconference

10 Jun 2015

    [2]Agenda

       [2] https://www.w3.org/2015/spatial/wiki/Meetings:Telecon20150610

    See also: [3]IRC log

       [3] http://www.w3.org/2015/06/10-sdw-irc

Attendees

    Present
           kerry, eparsons, aharth, jtandy, Frans, MattPerry,
           Alejandro_Llaves, BartvanLeeuwen, ahaller2, billroberts,
           joshlieberman, DanhLePhuoc, Linda, Payam, PhilippeTh,
           AZ, cory

    Regrets
           andrea, phila, larsG, stefan, rachel, simon, clemens

    Chair
           Kerry

    Scribe
           bartvanleeuwen

Contents

      * [4]Topics
          1. [5]Approve minutes
          2. [6]Patent call
          3. [7]Update on UCR status
          4. [8]charter and bestpractice
      * [9]Summary of Action Items
      __________________________________________________________

    <trackbot> Date: 10 June 2015

    <kerry_> regrests+ stegan

    <kerry_> scribe+ bart

    <kerry_> scribenick: bartvanleeuwen

    <Frans> I have just changed my hard mute (button on my headset)
    to a soft mute (button in webex)

    <jtandy> +1

Approve minutes

    <kerry_> [10]http://www.w3.org/2015/06/03-sdw-minutes.html

      [10] http://www.w3.org/2015/06/03-sdw-minutes.html

    <Frans> +1

    <Linda> +1

    <billroberts> +1

    PRoposed: Accept last weeks minutes

    <kerry_> +1

    <MattPerry> +1

    <Alejandro_Llaves> +1

    <eparsons> +1

    <joshlieberman> +!

    <jtandy> +

    <jtandy> +1

    <joshlieberman> +1

    <ahaller2> i was present at last week

    <DanhLePhuoc> +1

    <ahaller2> yes

    <ahaller2> i am hard muted

    <ahaller2> trying to reconnect to webex

    RESOLUTION: Accept minutes, Subject to presence change of
    ahaller2

    <kerry_> [11]https://www.w3.org/2015/spatial/wiki/Patent_Call

      [11] https://www.w3.org/2015/spatial/wiki/Patent_Call

Patent call

    <kerry_> Ed to report on Geosemantics WG Summit

    <aharth> is there a uri to the agenda?

    joshlieberman, explains the position of this WG in OGC. Related
    to Geosemantics WG Summit. Some of the ontology work might be
    input to our best practices document

    <Frans> Linked Data identities?

    <aharth> :) the Geosemantics WG Summit agenda

    joshlieberman, its a good lead in to the best practice work

    <Frans> Bart, I think an action for josh needs to be scribed
    (to make presentations available)

    <jtandy> ACTION: joshlieberman to make the presentations from
    OGC TC Geosemantics summit available to this group [recorded in
    [12]http://www.w3.org/2015/06/10-sdw-minutes.html#action01]

      [12] http://www.w3.org/2015/06/10-sdw-minutes.html#action01]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-51 - Make the presentations from ogc
    tc geosemantics summit available to this group [on Joshua
    Lieberman - due 2015-06-17].

    <Zakim> jtandy, you wanted to ask if at future TCs we can
    upload presentations to the W3C wiki and put links into the OGC
    meeting folder?

    <jtandy> ACTION: jtandy to add the need to be "compatible with"
    rather than "dependent upon" upper ontologies [recorded in
    [13]http://www.w3.org/2015/06/10-sdw-minutes.html#action02]

      [13] http://www.w3.org/2015/06/10-sdw-minutes.html#action02]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-52 - Add the need to be "compatible
    with" rather than "dependent upon" upper ontologies [on Jeremy
    Tandy - due 2015-06-17].

Update on UCR status

    kerry_, phila asked if the document can considered frozen ?

    <Alejandro_Llaves> +q

    eparsons, we just need to decide which version we need to use

    <Linda> josh

    <Frans> A snapshot was uploaded to OGC:
    [14]https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-sdw-wg/2015Jun/
    0064.html

      [14] 
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-sdw-wg/2015Jun/0064.html

    Alejandro_Llaves, I agree with ed, we ended last week with
    votes on some editorial changes

    Alejandro_Llaves, if the group is okay with the document as it
    is now, with the issues we added last week, we should move
    forward

    kerry_, Frans uploaded a snapshot to OGC

    Frans, Simoncox send a message that phila created a snapshot to
    put in the OGC portal

    <jtandy>
    [15]https://rawgit.com/w3c/sdw/jtandy-uc-edit/UseCases/SDWUseCa
    sesAndRequirements.html

      [15] 
https://rawgit.com/w3c/sdw/jtandy-uc-edit/UseCases/SDWUseCasesAndRequirements.html

    jtandy, I would to propose a editorial change

    <jtandy> (this is in the jtandy-uc-edit branch

    Frans, it might be that last weeks snapshot is being processed
    by OGC

    <Alejandro_Llaves> +1 to Jeremy's proposal

    joshlieberman, there is a 3 week review period

    <jtandy> (you can see that the Issue number in the document is
    _the_ Issue number in the Tracker ... e.g. the first issue in
    number 21)

    joshlieberman, all along this process we can update the
    document

    joshlieberman, it is likely the public release won't happen to
    somewhere in July

    jtandy, FPWD and OGC documents should be the same

    <Alejandro_Llaves> yes, please!

    <jtandy> ACTION: jtandy to show Frans and Alejandro_Llaves how
    to create a frozen snapshot for FPWD [recorded in
    [16]http://www.w3.org/2015/06/10-sdw-minutes.html#action03]

      [16] http://www.w3.org/2015/06/10-sdw-minutes.html#action03]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-53 - Show frans and alejandro_llaves
    how to create a frozen snapshot for fpwd [on Jeremy Tandy - due
    2015-06-17].

    <jtandy> +1 to "it's ok to have missing reqs at this stage"

    <Alejandro_Llaves> +q

    <jtandy> (Frans: the Pull Request is at
    [17]https://github.com/w3c/sdw/pull/6 )

      [17] https://github.com/w3c/sdw/pull/6

    <Alejandro_Llaves> Merged ;)

    <kerry_> ack

charter and bestpractice

    kerry_, visit the timeline and work on what the BP should look
    like

    <kerry_> [18]http://www.w3.org/2015/spatial/charter

      [18] http://www.w3.org/2015/spatial/charter

    <jtandy> (see the UK best practice for URIs at
    [19]http://ukgovld.github.io/ukgovldwg/recommendations/uri-patt
    erns.html )

      [19] 
http://ukgovld.github.io/ukgovldwg/recommendations/uri-patterns.html

    <aharth>
    [20]https://www.w3.org/2015/spatial/wiki/Technology_Talks

      [20] https://www.w3.org/2015/spatial/wiki/Technology_Talks

    <eparsons>
    [21]https://www.w3.org/2015/spatial/wiki/BP_Principles

      [21] https://www.w3.org/2015/spatial/wiki/BP_Principles

    <Frans> +1 for describing the audience of the BP document

    <kerry_> ACTION: kerry to check timescale for deliverables and
    report on wiki [recorded in
    [22]http://www.w3.org/2015/06/10-sdw-minutes.html#action04]

      [22] http://www.w3.org/2015/06/10-sdw-minutes.html#action04]

    <trackbot> 'kerry' is an ambiguous username. Please try a
    different identifier, such as family name or username (e.g.,
    ktaylor2, Kerry).

    <eparsons> +1 for jtandy 's timescall

    <jtandy> ACTION: kerry_ to check timescale for deliverables and
    report on wiki [recorded in
    [23]http://www.w3.org/2015/06/10-sdw-minutes.html#action05]

      [23] http://www.w3.org/2015/06/10-sdw-minutes.html#action05]

    <trackbot> Error finding 'kerry_'. You can review and register
    nicknames at <[24]http://www.w3.org/2015/spatial/track/users>.

      [24] http://www.w3.org/2015/spatial/track/users

    <kerry_> ack q?

    <scribe> ACTION: ktaylor to check timescale for deliverables
    and report on wiki [recorded in
    [25]http://www.w3.org/2015/06/10-sdw-minutes.html#action06]

      [25] http://www.w3.org/2015/06/10-sdw-minutes.html#action06]

    <trackbot> Error finding 'ktaylor'. You can review and register
    nicknames at <[26]http://www.w3.org/2015/spatial/track/users>.

      [26] http://www.w3.org/2015/spatial/track/users

    <kerry_> [27]https://www.w3.org/2015/spatial/wiki/BP_Principles

      [27] https://www.w3.org/2015/spatial/wiki/BP_Principles

    <billroberts> will do

    <eparsons> bye !

    <billroberts> thanks, bye

    <Linda> bye, thank you!

    <Alejandro_Llaves> thanks, bye!

    <MattPerry> bye

    <kerry_> rrrsagent, make logs public

    <ahaller2> thanks, bye

Summary of Action Items

    [NEW] ACTION: joshlieberman to make the presentations from OGC
    TC Geosemantics summit available to this group [recorded in
    [28]http://www.w3.org/2015/06/10-sdw-minutes.html#action01]
    [NEW] ACTION: jtandy to add the need to be "compatible with"
    rather than "dependent upon" upper ontologies [recorded in
    [29]http://www.w3.org/2015/06/10-sdw-minutes.html#action02]
    [NEW] ACTION: jtandy to show Frans and Alejandro_Llaves how to
    create a frozen snapshot for FPWD [recorded in
    [30]http://www.w3.org/2015/06/10-sdw-minutes.html#action03]
    [NEW] ACTION: kerry to check timescale for deliverables and
    report on wiki [recorded in
    [31]http://www.w3.org/2015/06/10-sdw-minutes.html#action04]
    [NEW] ACTION: ktaylor to check timescale for deliverables and
    report on wiki [recorded in
    [32]http://www.w3.org/2015/06/10-sdw-minutes.html#action06]

      [28] http://www.w3.org/2015/06/10-sdw-minutes.html#action01
      [29] http://www.w3.org/2015/06/10-sdw-minutes.html#action02
      [30] http://www.w3.org/2015/06/10-sdw-minutes.html#action03
      [31] http://www.w3.org/2015/06/10-sdw-minutes.html#action04
      [32] http://www.w3.org/2015/06/10-sdw-minutes.html#action06
Received on Thursday, 11 June 2015 07:11:59 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Friday, 2 September 2016 12:03:03 UTC