From: Frans Knibbe [frans.knibbe@geodan.nl]
Sent: Friday, 5 June 2015 11:45 PM
To: Alejandro Llaves
Cc: Taylor, Kerry (Digital, Acton); Cox, Simon (L&W, Highett); SDW WG Public List
Subject: Re: The 'valid time' requirement

Hello,

I agree with Simon that modularity and separation of concerns are very valuable design principles, and I am glad to see them honoured in the way the Time Ontology is set up. And yes, the same principles should be used for (futher) development of any spatial semantics.

If we decide to keep this requirement as a Time Ontology requirement, doesn't it actually say that the Time Ontology should abandon the desing principle of separation of concerns?

We could unlink the requirement from the time deliverable and link it to the best practices deliverable instead, but in that case I think it would not be in scope because the problem is not spatial, it applies to all kinds of data.

By the way, this issue has been added to the tracker: ISSUE-16<https://www.w3.org/2015/spatial/track/issues/16>

Regards,
Frans

Ok, I will add it again as a Best Practice req.

Cheers,
Alejandro