[WG Charter] Re: draft WG charter for review

Dave,
Is there some reason for leaving off the w3c/ogc spatial data on the web working group ( sdwwg) from the related groups?

Firstly, WoT absolutely needs location, and that is a big part of our work - it would be a great shame if these two groups diverged on that essential topic. Secondly, and even more importantly, sdwwg is producing a REC version of the well-known SSN vocabulary, that is commonly used in WoT projects, including those of participants in SDWWG and WoT Interest Group. SDWWG does have a good few WoT use cases around SSN.  Your interest group TD subgroup has been looking at SSN and we (sdwwg) have been asking for requirements and collaboration on this, especially in the area of actuation which is not currently addressed in SSN, and is not really in demand in SDWWG.

Finally, for work outside the W3C I suggest the charter should reference the OGC IoT  Domain Working Group.

Yours,
Kerry
( co-chair of sdwwg)