Re: 'area profiles' - use case for back links

Le 05/08/2015 20:44, Krzysztof Janowicz a écrit :
>> It has the potential, however, to make the Web of Data much more
>> easily navigable.
>
> Yes, but it would also be a great tool for DoS attacks, SPAM, and so
> forth. You can check back links in your own logs and I think it would be
> great to have a nice tool or even hub that collects such data but I
> would not propose it as an architectural feature of the Linked Data Web.
> Also, as argued before this is not a spatial data problem.

Indeed, this is not a specific spatial data problem although it is
definitively a nice feature to have in many systems: knowing what data
out there has been published that have for geographical extent a
particular spatial area.

In weblogs, there have been several proposals for having those
"backlinks", which often consist in pinging other sites. Drupal has this
trackback mechanism [1].

In the Semantic Web area, long time ago, PTSW (Ping The Semantic Web)
has been proposed but http://pingthesemanticweb.com/ is now down :-( Do
you know what's happened with the service? According to [2], this
service is now the property of the OpenLink Software company.
Best regards.

   Raphaël

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trackback
[2] http://fgiasson.com/blog/index.php/category/pingthesemanticweb/