Re: Promise<void> or Promise<undefined>?, was Re: RfC: pre-LC version of Screen Orientation; deadline August 18

I don't like just "resolve p" as by itself a phrase for your meaning,
because, in promise terminology, resolving a promise p does not imply that
p is fulfilled or even settled. Resolving p to q, where q is an unsettled
promise, leaves p unsettled but still resolved.

If, in the WebIDL world, you'd rather say "resolve p with void" rather than
"resolve p with undefined" or better "fulfill p with undefined", that would
not make the current WebIDL situation any worse, so fine. It would merely
be part of WebIDL's continued presumption to describe non-JS APIs, with the
(mostly pointless) cost of making WebIDL a worse language for describing JS
APIs.

But please not simply "resolve p".

--
    Cheers,