Re: How to correctly spec sequences requiring an iterable

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2013 13:51:12 -0500
To: Domenic Denicola <domenic@domenicdenicola.com>, "public-script-coord@w3.org" <public-script-coord@w3.org>
On 11/18/13 1:37 PM, Domenic Denicola wrote:
> Fair enough. I think I just saw "two loops" and freaked out irrationally. Concern rescinded.

OK.

> Indeed. I didn't see performance concerns raised (even misguided ones like mine).

Again, the major performance concern is using the iterator API at all.
It's a huge amount of overhead compared to how sequences work right now.
  I can probably quantify that once I've tried implementing it (and then
see whether that overhead is acceptable enough to actually make the
change...).

> I still think only doing one iteration would be more idiomatic,

I agree.  Complications start when you have two sequence arguments and
the like.  :(