Conventions for composed words in enum

From: Dominique Hazael-Massieux <dom@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2013 09:31:22 +0200
To: public-script-coord@w3.org
Cc: Stefan HÃ¥kansson LK <stefan.lk.hakansson@ericsson.com>, Harald Alvestrand <harald@alvestrand.no>
Hi,

The Media Capture Task Force is looking at defining values of a WebIDL
enum that represent the kind of device it is operating its streams on,
with values representing for instance "audio input" and "audio output".

The question has arisen on how to turn a composed phrase into the
corresponding string value of the enum (i.e. "audioInput" vs
"audio-input" vs "audioinput").

My impression is that the current usage would points toward simple
concatenation (i.e. "audioinput"); for instance:
http://dev.w3.org/html5/websockets/#the-websocket-interface
http://www.w3.org/TR/DOM-Parsing/#extensions-to-the-element-interface
http://www.w3.org/TR/2013/WD-webaudio-20131010/#BiquadFilterNode

But given that I've only found a few such examples, I would like to
confirm this is indeed the correct approach; also, is there any document
where this could documented? http://www.w3.org/TR/api-design/ would seem
logical, but I don't think it is maintained any more.

Dom