Re: Conflicts between W3C specs and ES5?

On Mon, 16 Nov 2009 16:27:14 +0100, Brendan Eich <brendan@mozilla.org>
wrote:
> Mozilla turns some bugs into Technology Evangelism bugs instead of
> slavishly implementing every IE-compatible mistake we can find. Yes,
> this is imperfect and we are obviously also guilty of following extant
> content instead of leading it. But too much following, and too much
> over-specifying, and you will paint yourself into a corner.
>
> The opportunity cost (that you spend time on trailing edge stuff instead
> of better leading edge work) is very high too.

Opera has similar evangelism efforts and I'm sure other browser teams do
too (at the very least Microsoft does). At some point you just reach the
point where spending some time on defining trailing edge stuff outweighs
the cost of trying to evangelize each site that uses it.

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/