Re: Was there any other reason to start some properties with @ than to make it harder to generate the JSON?!?

1) You are right, the @ discussion belongs to a different place.

2) It's "adopted" as in "huge number of people were forced to learn the
bare minimum to provide google search with some metadata in yet another
format to get their site displayed in the search results".
Yet another of hundreds of "standards" to "learn" and forget.

By the way .... there's a billion of defined properties, yet the options
for ItemAvailability contain no value for "not available yet". But it's
cool, there are three for "not available anymore". Lovely.
And no, neither PreOrder note PreSale cuts it. Those both mean "you can
order now". One of them "... but it's going to take longer", while the
other is "... because you are special".