Re: Was there any other reason to start some properties with @ than to make it harder to generate the JSON?!?

ne 3. 3. 2024 v 15:55 odesílatel Martin Hepp <mfhepp@gmail.com> napsal:

> Despite the inappropriate tone: The property names you are complaining
> about are not defined in schema.org <http://schema.org/>, but in JSON-LD
> and this forum is not the appropriate place to discuss them.
>
> For pointers to the JSON-LD community, please see
>
>     https://json-ld.org/#developers
>
> JSON-LD is one of many syntaxes that can be used to represent data on the
> basis of the schema.org <http://schema.org/> vocabulary.
>
> A last one as for the "insanely overcomplicated and overdesigned":
>
> schema.org <http://schema.org/> is most likely the first successful
> attempt to standardize data structures and data semantics at this scale in
> human history,
>
> 1. covering such a breadth of application domains and cultural contexts
> and
> 2. being adopted by such a large, heterogeneous user base.
>
> It is easy to hint at actual or imagined limitations, but previous
> standards in the history of Computer Science were
>
> - much smaller in scope and simpler (like vCard, ISO codes, HTML, ...),
> - addressed much more objective domains (as in natural sciences), and/or
> - never gained adoption by millions of Web developers with such a broad
> range of skills (as compared to e.g. very complicated standards in some
> engineering domains).

To be fair there is a point regarding complexity.  Compare JSON-LD = 200+
pages

https://w3c.github.io/json-ld-syntax/

JSON SPEC = 5 pages

https://www.json.org/json-en.html

The main thing JSON really lacked was a way to denote a hyperlink, which is
the @id syntax in JSON-LD and the <URL> angle bracket syntax in Turtle.  If
JSON had a native <URL> syntax, for example, transpiled from angle
brackets, that would have made JSON into a graph structure, which would
have solved a big chunk of the problems that JSON-LD tries to solve.