Re: Birth is an Event, not just one dimensional fields applying to a single Person

Hi Jason & the Schema working group!

While I don't have the hard technical expertise to speak to the difficulty
of implementation, I would note that birthDate, birthProcedure,
birthCertificate, and possibly birthDoctor could be viewed as Personal
Health Information in some circumstances. This would make the data
protected and possibly private, which this schema might hamper legal
compliance of HIPAA for. Additionally, in the case of adoption, divorce,
and child emancipation, the child might not want this information machine
readable by default without their consent.

Happy to unpack the PHI/PII concerns or assist in any way I can.
Sincerely, a SEO who used to work in healthcare,

Tarik Najeddine
SEO Director, Albert
New York City, NY
(917) 723-6341