Re: FW: [schemaorg] Vocabulary for comics (#378)

I've been working on a comic book ontology, and would like to share how
I've handled roles.

(A) Each comics specific role, or at least major role (e.g. penciller,
letterer, inker) has its own property [1]
(B) Usage of a general 'role' property for other credit descriptions [2]

For what its worth, all URIs in this namespace are dereferenceable. Jeff,
hopefully this project appears more mature and developed than when I first
shared it with you. :)

Regarding the Periodicals/Comics proposal, I think penciler/inker/letterer
is a good, comics-specific set that covers the major comic book credits
(plus schema:author, schema:editor, etc.). Artist is also helpful for
covering credits like painter, illustrator, and even designer. While I have
not specified a cover artist property in the current version of the
ontology, coverArtist would be a very useful and important property,
especially for retailers as this is often a major selling point.

Is the proposal on the SchemaBibEx wiki open for discussion or input? I
would be interesting in participating.

Sean Petiya

[1] https://comicmeta.org/cbo/contributor.html (see subproperties)
[2] https://comicmeta.org/cbo/Role.html (see individuals)