Re: [schemaorg] Vocabulary for comics (#378)

Hi Sean,

My personal opinion is that the work you and the previously referenced draft on the Wiki <http://www.w3.org/community/schemabibex/wiki/Periodicals_and_Comics_synthesis> are within the scope of this group to discuss.

As Jeff indicated, there is some overlap and/or mismatch between your discussions of Role and similar concepts from the Library of Congress Relator Codes and WikiData.  How these terms are defined/referenced in the vocabulary is then a question.  I am always sceptical of statements such as “set that covers the major…”, because it is very difficult to a)get agreement on what is major and b) what do you do about defying the minor ones.

Your use of the term name ‘role’ conflicts with the Role<http://schema.org/Role> type in Schma.org<http://Schma.org>, which in itself is not a problem (you could use creativeRole for example).  However in covering off this need, I think it would be worth considering the creation of a ContributionRole subtype of Role which would allow the qualification of the contributor relationship between CreativeWork and Person or Organization.  Then using the roleName attribute the type of contribution could be qualified either by a URL to the Library of Congress Relators, or WikiData, etc. definitions, or, if not available, in plain text.

~Richard