Re: Literary works missing from Creative Properties and Classes

It's always going to be hard to come up with a definitive, and yet
easily usable, list. Many of these genres are not mutually exclusive --
I suppose someone could write their memoirs in poetry format.

I'd worry about mixing literary genre (that is, the form that something
is written in, like a poem) and type of content (folktale). However, I
looked at the Library of Congress genre list [1] and it, too, seems to
mix genre and type (e.g. dictionary and fiction), so I suppose it is
inevitable. However, you might want to look at that list to get another
point of view.

kc
[1] http://www.loc.gov/standards/valuelist/marcgt.html

--