Re: Removing "Collection" from the Periodical & Comics proposal

On 12/6/13 1:11 AM, Antoine Isaac wrote:

> OK, starting the research:
> - there's startDate and endDate on (separately!)
> http://schema.org/Season and http://schema.org/Series,
> http://schema.org/Event
> - there's startTime and endTime on http://schema.org/Action
>
> Perhaps some homogeneization could help (though I suspect it's hard to
> change names on established classes).

Aiiiyyy! I see no semantic difference between the start and end dates on
series. It even looks like series has a similar definitional problem to
Offer: the name is Series but it is defined as "A TV or radio series."
There are many other things that come in a series, obviously. In any
case, would startDAte/endDate be suitable as sub to Intangible? In fact,
all of the variants of Date/time might go good there since they are of
universal utility.

I've been thinking that one may need an enumeration for publication
pattern, which would therefore be located in Intangible, and would have,
for example: yearly, bi-yearly, monthly, bi-monthly, weekly, bi-weekly
(and, yes, bi-, is very ambiguous), daily.

kc

--
Karen Coyle
kcoyle@kcoyle.net http://kcoyle.net