Re: E-ISSN?

First off -- thank you to Dan & Owen for pointing me to the ISSN-L download
page. I was unaware this was available, and have a need for it.

The use case that I see for the ISSN-L is as data for deduplication
algorithms. I find it helpful to know that I have an ISSN (or other ID)
designed to link together multiple manifestations, which is the one
argument I see in favor of a separate ISSN-L property. It would also work
to just poll all ISSN's when trying to identify a match between two (or
more) records, but I wonder if there's value in having a home for "linking"
type identifiers. Another example that comes to mind is OCLCs GLIMIR ids,
which seem to have something in common with ISSN-L's.

-Corey

--
Corey A Harper
Metadata Services Librarian