Re: Deployment, Deployment, Deployment! was: X509 and Verificable Creds: A Quick Note on WebID history - Re: All the Agents Challenge (ATAC) at ISWC 2021

Am 09.08.21 um 18:32 schrieb Henry Story:

>> On 9. Aug 2021, at 17:34, bergi <bergi@axolotlfarm.org> wrote:
>>
>> Am 27.07.21 um 20:07 schrieb Melvin Carvalho:
>>> I'm hearing that you dont have time/resources to take WebID any further
>>> So, would you step down as chair of the the WebID community group at let others, perhaps a community effort, to modernize it
>>
>> I strongly support that. Not leaving any comment on a proposal like that is even more an argument to look for another chair who can contribute more time for the group.
>
> The place for these discussions in on the WebID mailing list.

I guess all people who are still interested in WebID are also on the RWW
mailing list, but I added the WebID mailing list to this thread for the
sake of completeness.

> Someone left some detailed improvements to the spec a few months ago.
> You are welcome to make a PR using that on https://github.com/w3c/webid
> and I will be happy to review that.

A chair has more/different responsibilities than reviewing PRs.

> Note that the WebID XG was not meant to go on forever.

The WebID XG transitioned already in 2012 into the WebID CG, and the CG
has no end date. If you think the work is done, maybe it's best to
resign and hand the future of the CG over to the members.