Re: transfer of URI/WebID ownership

On 10 October 2012 01:37, Nathan <nathan@webr3.org> wrote:

> Was just thinking.. if I let my domain expire (webr3.org), then somebody
> else can assume my WebIdentity.
>
> How would I invalidate that WebID <http://webr3.org/nathan#me> and use a
> new one?

Cool URIs dont change.

They say you are more likely to get divorced than to change your bank
account.

I think in future people will choose their online identity providers as
carefully as they choose their bank accounts.

That said, moving bank account is hassle but it's doable.  You need to
transfer the connections over from one place to another.  I guess
eventually there will be automated services for this.  Redirection is also
a neat feature.