[RIF UCR] Publication plan for the next UCR version

Hi Leora,

Since you started editing on UCR I have added you to the editors list of the
document:

http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wiki/UCR

I have looked at your restructuring of UCR which now lists the use cases for
the three existing dialects BLD, PRD and FLD. I'm not sure if that is what
we initially intended UCR for.
The use cases which we selected from the 50 members submissions and which we
further detailed in the UCR document where intended to demonstrate the need
and usability of a W3C RIF standard in general.

For those use cases which can be already formalized with the existing RIF
dialects I had added code examples and respective buttons to show/hide them,
in order to "to provide a reference to the design of RIF and a guide for
users and implementers to the current technical specifications of RIF
dialects." (see http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wiki/UCR#Introduction)

I remember that we discussed in the working group that we remove all code
examples from use cases which currently cannot be represented with the
existing RIF dialects, e.g. because they require some expressive logical
formalism such as event calculus. However we said we want to keep these use
cases for the following reason (see
http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wiki/UCR#Introduction):

"RIF-UCR also delivers a structured context for formulating future technical
specifications of further RIF dialects. Each dialect targets at a cluster of
similar rule languages and enables platform-independent interoperation
between them (via interchange of RIF rules). The presented use cases
illustrate some of the principal ways in which RIF can provide benefits."

I think this second point of reference is important for RIF as an
interchange format in general.

Another problem with the restructuring into BLD, PRD, and FLD use cases is
that some of them can be represented in both BLD and PRD. I remember we had
long discussion about the business rule use cases which can be represented
in both BLD and PRD, and the presentation syntax for rules using ":-" "->"
or "<--". The new structure might suggest that you cannot represent it in
the other dialect. For instance, use case 4.1. can be represented in BLD and
PRD:

http://www.w3.org/2005/rules/wiki/UCR#Negotiating_eBusiness_Contracts_Across
_Rule_Platforms

So I think we should change it back to the original structure and just
update the code examples to the latest syntax from the latest dialect
specification. For those use cases which cannot be represented yet with the
existing RIF dialects we can add a note. Since new dialects are on their
way, such as a logic dialect with negation, some of them can be represented,
soon.

Best,

Adrian