Re: Action 695 argument

On Wed, Feb 11, 2009 at 3:59 AM, Dave Reynolds <der@hplb.hpl.hp.com> wrote:

> Gary Hallmark wrote:
>
>    * How do I reference the current datetime (e.g. fn:current-dateTime
>>     <#func-current-dateTime>)
>>

> Separate from the semantic problems for BLD that Jos correctly points out,

I still don't see any semantic problems.  Isn't a current-date builtin
equivalent to a current-date constant and an equality formula like
rif:current-date = "2009-02-11T12:30+02:00"

> would fn:current-dateTime return an xsd:dateTime with or without a
> timestamp?

from the xpath spec:
fn:current-dateTime() as xs:dateTime
context.

> To meet Changhai's use cases it would have to be without a timestamp while
> for many reasonable usecases it would have to be with one.

Not if we include the adjust timezone builtins.  These let you convert
timezones, including to/from no timezone.

> I assume that if you add something like this to PRD you'll need both
> fn:current-dateTime and fn:current-dateTimeStamp.

I would wait and see if xml schema adds it.

--
Cheers,

Gary Hallmark