Re: Any proposals for a Concise RIF XML Syntax?

I also had a suggestion, which boiled down to this:

1. start with fully striped
2. when the Class stripe is uniquely determined by its enclosing
property stripe, then omit the Class stripe.

XML Schema provides the "complexType" construct to implement #2
This is similar in strongly typed OO languages like java -- One declares
the class information, e.g

Class C1 { C2 c2; }
Class C2 { C3 c3; }

Then one constructs references such as c1.c2.c3, not c1.C1.c2.C2.c3.C3.