Re: Metadata for all and PS for metadata (Was Re: where to hang the metadata?)

> Michael Kifer wrote:
> >
> > The proposal in question was to bloat BLD itself.
>
> You lost me: what I was talking about was allowing metadata on all
> objects (elements with a capitalised tag), without necessarily
> specifying a PS for all classes in BLD (e.g. specifying a PS only for
> metadata on Groups, and Rules if Rules there be etc).
>
> What would be the arguments against that (not saying there aren't: I am
> just trying to clarify the issue before the discussion)?

I explained that in a message to Sandro:

Jos made a correct observation that the only
formal spec of the language is the presentation syntax. So, XML must be
defined by a precise mapping from the presentation syntax (which is how it
is done now).

	--michael