[RIF-RDF] Embedding vs. model-theory [was: Re: [RIF-RDF] rationale for a model-theoretic semantics for combinations]

Michael,

I guess I misunderstood your earlier comments. So, we agree that we need
to define the semantics of a RIF-RDF combination.
Then, we come back to the question of how to define this semantics,
whether it is through an embedding or directly, using a model-theoretic
combination.

In your e-mails I did not find any real argument why the embedding
approach would be better.  Claiming it "is all we need" is not an argument.
In the e-mail starting this thread I outlined the advantages of a
model-theoretic approach, showing how it adds to the issue of
compatibility.
Finally, you claim that it "is not our business" to give a
model-theoretic account of the combination.  However, you already agree
with me that an RDF compatibility is our business.  From this I conclude
that if a model-theoretic approach is superior to the embedding
approach, then it is our business to define it.

Best, Jos.