Re: [RIF-RDF] rationale for a model-theoretic semantics for combinations

> I have to  fully support Jos here, if we do not define a practically
> usable way to use RIF with RDF ( and probabley XML, OWL, SPARQL as the
> next steps). First, it is in the charter, second, otherwise, I don't see
> where we're going at all, to be honest and if we don't define the
> handles to RIF, I don't see who should pick it up in the end?

We DO define a practically usable way to use RIF with RDF. Did you follow
the discussion or just took what Jos said in the last email for granted?

What I am saying is that the first part of that RDF compatibility document
ADDS NOTHING to that "practical and usable way".  All we need is the second
part of that document.

ALL: please do not get swayed by rhetorical arguments. If you want to form
an opinion, go and read the RDF compatibility document. See if you can
understand the purpose of both of its parts and then think if you feel that
the first part of that document is actually needed for our purposes.

	--michael