Re: [RIFWG] [Requirements?] A vision for the RIF

> Michael Kifer wrote:
> > I said that normative rules imply that we must use some sort of a closed
> > world assumption. Under the open-world assumption there is no useful way to
> > distinguish between normative rules and deductive rules, but under the CWA
> > there is.
> >

> I am not sure I can agree with this. I can very well imaginbe normative
> rules not governed by a Closed World Assumption.

Francois,

The above must be taken in the context of my earlier message
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rif-wg/2006Mar/0161.html
where I *proved* that the rule set for which those normative rules act as
constraints must have some sort of closed world assumption (more precisely,
cannot use the normal first-order semantics).

I did not say that normative rules must be "governed" by CWA, because I
don't know what this might mean.

If you think that my very short proof has a bug then please point this out.

	--michael