Re: [UCR] Process comment

Dave,

Basically, I agree with you, although I believe that, at least some of
the requirements cannot be considered without taking the more complete
picture into account.

However, I am rather reluctant at the idea of committing us to
individual requirements before we have a clearer picture of what they
mean (including as a set).

Indeed, there are limits to how much the implications of a requirement
can be analysed without getting into the actual design. But using that
discussion to start getting into the design seems a good propery to me:
the more concrete discussion helps us (well, at least: me) understand
the requirements and issues better; and it helps the WG progress towards
its final objective (a technical spec).

This being said: +1 to differentiating the discussions about whether a
DC is described clearly and unambiguously enough to be useful, from the
discussions of the consequences of DCs on the design of the RIF.

Christian