Re: Print, monochrome, and high-contrast

On Thursday, 25 October 2012 at 19:38, Miguel Garcia wrote:

> Whether there is a clear real life example, adding accessibility requirements should not be overlooked or discarded. In the case of high contrast images especially, people designing accessible websites should have the ability to define fallbacks for individuals who would benefits in those very specific use cases.

This is without doubt. But does anyone here know anyone who has _actually_ done this?
> Having family members with seriously impaired vision where monochromatic browsing is necessary, I know they struggle with things like news websites that rely heavily on visual stimuli to educate their users. While many use Screen Readers and the like, it is hard to guarantee designers are supporting all the proper accessibility tools they should.

Yes, this is a long lived issue. Regardless, designers have had the tools to be able to address this problem without <picture> and/or img@srcset. What I'm interested in is sites that have done this in some other way (not matter how convoluted a solution).

Someone must know at least one or two sites that have tailored images for those particular use cases.

--
Marcos Caceres
http://datadriven.com.au