Re: HTML+RDFa 1.1 Last Call Draft is Ready

On 01/27/2013 10:42 AM, Niklas Lindström wrote:
> 1. In "3.5 Property Copying": Should a rdfa:Pattern really only be
> removed if it has been used (i.e. linked to with rdfa:copy)?
> Otherwise, the final removal step should remove rdfa:copy links in
> one step and every statement about an rdfa:Pattern in another. (Did
> Gregg's original text specify it like this?)

Fixed (I hope). Please double-check my work to make sure it achieves the
issues both you and Gregg pointed out.

> 2. There was a comment elsewhere recently [1] by Lev Khomich
> (implementor of RDFa 1.1 extraction in Java): "Also step 1 of
> paragraph 3.5.1 may need some explanation for cases of circular
> dependencies inrdfa:copy - rdfa:Pattern chains."
>
> Given the set nature of triples and the text "until no new triples
> are added", I suppose that, technically, circular rdf:copy chains
> aren't a problem with these rules? Still, it would be wise to spell
> this out explicitly. (Did Gregg's text do that?)

I added some warning text in a note.

> ## Some mainly editorial issues
>
> 3. There are several Turtle examples in the document (which I think
> is good), but no mention of Turtle nor any link to its definition.
> We should add something akin to (or reference) the Turtle section in
> RDFa Core [2] (but possibly with a reference to the spec in
> development [3]).

Done.

> 4. Should the results of the first RDFa markup example in "2.1
> Document Conformance" really be presented in a table? I'd prefer it
> in Turtle notation as well (like the rest of the output examples):
>
> @prefix : <http://schema.org/> .
>
> [] a :Blog; :url <http://example.org/> . (By doing this, we don't
> need the named bnode "_:item1", which could otherwise confuse those
> who wonder where that comes from.)

Fixed, although I question the clarity of [] vs _:item1 for someone
unfamiliar with TURTLE. :P

> 5. It may be wise to add an explicit output example from "EXAMPLE 6:
> Events with duplicate properties" and "EXAMPLE 7: Copying common
> properties" in 3.5 as Turtle. Since it is the same for both, only
> one block is needed:

Done.

> 6. As previously pointed out, the word "item" or "items" is used to
> describe Pattern copying. Since there are no "RDFa items", only
> descriptions of resources (which are post-processed by this
> mechanism and not "in" the document) I suggest to also change:
>
> * "many items on a page that share a common set of properties" to
> "many resources described by a page that share a common set of
> properties".
>
> * "This pattern can then be copied into other RDFa items within the
> document" to "This pattern can then be copied into other
> descriptions expressed by the document".
>
> * "The common properties are copied into each event item via the
> rdfa:copy predicate" to "The common properties are copied into each
> event description via the rdfa:copy predicate".

Fixed.

> 7. The text "The inclusion process is iterative, so that resources
> may include other resources that include other resources." seems
> confusing, as we speak about pattern *copying*. It could be changed
> to "The copy process is iterative, so that patterns may copy other
> patterns (that may copy other patterns).". If so, "EXAMPLE 8:
> Resources may include other resources that include other resources"
> should be renamed accordingly to "EXAMPLE 8: Patterns may copy other
> patterns".

Fixed.

> 8. While I'm being pedantic, "EXAMPLE 9: Iterative copying example
> output in TURTLE" could be improved by using a default prefix
> (easier to read and more like @vocab), and a non-wrapping top bnode:
>
> @prefix : <http://schema.org/> .
>
> [] a :Person ; :name "John Lennon"; :band [ a :MusicGroup; :name "The
> Beatles"; :size "4" ] .

I stayed away from doing this in all of the examples since what's going
on isn't immediately obvious to somebody that doesn't know Turtle.

.
> 10. The same goes for "EXAMPLE 5: Namespace element preservation
> triple". It should be:

Wow, good eyes. That mistake has been in there for years.

Fixed.

> 11. In "EXAMPLE 8", the first <p>-element isn't properly closed,
> just followed by another <p>. (Granted, HTML5 parsing would fix that;
> but still.)

Fixed.

Thanks, eagle-eyes. :P :)

Founder/CEO - Digital Bazaar, Inc.
blog: Aaron Swartz, PaySwarm, and Academic Journals
http://manu.sporny.org/2013/payswarm-journals/