Re: Resolving remaining issues in the issue tracker

On 01/09/2013 10:03 PM, Manu Sporny wrote:
> On 01/08/2013 04:00 AM, Ivan Herman wrote:
>> Ok. Now that HTML5 is in CR, I presume these things will not change
>> either. If so, I agree that @value is not really an RDF related
>> attribute and we should simply ignore it.
>
> +1 to remove @value processing.

Also note that this would undo the following resolution:

RESOLVED: Accept a <data> element with the @value attribute generating a
plain literal with language retained; the HTML5+RDFa document will
follow possible evolution of that element definition for datatypes

made on this date:

http://www.w3.org/2010/02/rdfa/meetings/2011-11-17

We can re-open this issue because the W3C HTML5 spec no longer includes
the <data> element. The WHATWG version continues to define the element:

http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/multipage/text-level-semantics.html#the-data-element

PROPOSAL: Remove @value attribute processing from HTML+RDFa 1.1 because
the intent was to do @value processing on the DATA element, which no
longer exists in the REC-track HTML5 specification.

Founder/CEO - Digital Bazaar, Inc.
blog: The Problem with RDF and Nuclear Power
http://manu.sporny.org/2012/nuclear-rdf/