Is RDFa Lite a subset of RDFa Core or is it meant to be a separate standard?

Gregg,

Though this is likely a moot point, I do not see how something as radical as
saying that @vocab does not apply to @rel would be "in keeping with RDFa 1.1
Lite principles." I was under the assumption that RDFa Lite was intended to
act as a stepping stone to RDFa Core. A subset of Core that is easier to
learn and still has a lot of the functionality. At least this is what the
documents about RDFa Lite, which I have read, say. However, you seem to
believe that a fundamental principle of RDFa Lite is to behave entirely
differently from RDFa Core. That RDFa Lite should "stand apart" from RDFa
Core. Please tell me I am wrong here.