Re: Updated the Primer

Hi,

On Fri, Nov 11, 2011 at 1:13 PM, Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org> wrote:
> I have also updated the primer Editors' draft.
>
> http://www.w3.org/2010/02/rdfa/sources/rdfa-primer/Overview-src.html
> http://www.w3.org/2010/02/rdfa/sources/rdfa-primer/Overview.html
>
> It may be interesting to note that the only places in the primer where I used @rel was when I wanted to make an explicit example of chaining instead of repeating the attribute. Meaning that even at those places the presence of @rel is not necessary. I find it interesting, because we did not plan it this way...

Indeed interesting. If we decide to use @resource instead of @about in
Lite (ISSUE-119 [1]), we should also consider doing the same in the
primer.

On a quick scan, @about is needed only in the hanging @rel example at
the end of 3.2, which could be moved to the <ul> instead. The same
goes for the first example in 5.2 (which appears to have unnecessary
repetition of the subject and typeof).  That leaves us, as far as I
can see, with only one case where @about is needed: 5.4. It is an
advanced example of supplying complete triples in the same element.

(Really, if we go this way, we should consider changing the wording in
the core spec as well, to the effect that @resource is promoted
generally for giving the subject. And introduce @about only for those
cases where both subject and predicate are given in the same element.)

Best regards,
Niklas

[1]: http://www.w3.org/2010/02/rdfa/track/issues/119