Re: A mnemonic for learning RDFa : APRIL

On 02/27/2011 01:47 AM, Melvin Carvalho wrote:
> A.P.R.I.L. = About Property, Rel In Links
> I know there's a quite a bit more to it, but I think that little
> mnemonic gets you over half way through the initial rdfa learning
> curve, after that you can just point someone to the primer, for the
> xmlns typeof content and profile elements.
>
> Could be of help as a learning/teaching device or maybe elevator discussion?

Melvin - that's brilliant! What a wonderful mnemonic - it really is all
that most will need to know to get started.

I wonder if we should/could add @prefix in there somehow? Should there
be simple/advanced mnemonics?

Just for the sake of discussion, an advanced mnemonic could be:

APRil CHiRPeRS aDaPT Verily
(could be tied loosely to a story about how the web is adapting to
semantics like birds adapting to their surroundings?)

About
Property
Rel in Links

Content
Href
Resource
Prefix
Rev
Src

Datatype
Profile
Typeof

Vocab

or we could try other stuff like "APPle THRow" (only the first three
letters matter in each word):

About
Prefix
Property

Typeof
Href
Rel

There are certainly more mnemonics like this out there... does anybody
have any other ones that may fit a good chunk of RDFa?

-- man

President/CEO - Digital Bazaar, Inc.
blog: Towards Universal Web Commerce
http://digitalbazaar.com/2011/01/31/web-commerce/