The 'provenance' discussion...

From: Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2011 17:33:15 +0200
To: W3C RDFWA WG <public-rdfa-wg@w3.org>
I am afraid we were discussing ghosts...

At least in RDFLib it is absolutely no problem to generate a triple that, when serialized in turtle, is <>. On the other hand, for any RDFa document we have the base, which is well defined in the core spec and which is always a URI. The only problem is that in our _internal_ communications we always used <> incorrectly as referring to what is, essentially, <base>.

Put in another way, it should not be a problem to generate a triple into the default^H^H^H^H^H^H^Houtput graph of the form

<> foaf:page <base> .

(or any other predicate that we may want to use there).

Ivan

P.S. Technically, in the case of RDFLib, it is perfectly possible to create a URIRef of the form:

s = URIRef('')

ie, with an empty URI, which can be considered as an identification of the current graph...