Re: Attempt for a List specification in RDFa (was Re: Suggestions for rdf:List and a value type shorthand)

On Aug 24, 2011, at 20:15 , Gregg Kellogg wrote:

> Is there a good reason /not/ to modify the core processing algorithm?

The core processing algorithm is already very complex, which is actually our weak point. I am just concerned about the time it would take do this properly. That is all.

> This would seem preferential to modifying the DOM. We might be able to add something to the evaluation context to help with list generation.
>
> With DOM modification, there may be some complications for SAX-based parsers. In your example, it also results in a non-HTML element <list_links> being added. I suppose this could be <meta>, at least for HTML5. Of course, if we use an existing tag, there could be unknown presentation results if it matched a CSS selector.

The DOM modification is a spec thing. The text actually says on the wiki that implementations may choose another route.

Ivan