Re: empty prefix value

Shane McCarron wrote:
>  Err....  obviously you are thinking about this from the RDFa API
> perspective, which is good.  I just had never considered that angle.  I
> think the answer has to be that we don't mean xs:anyURI.  The URI has to
> be a real, absolute URI.  You cannot do a mapping to a relative URI.  I
> mean... you could, but the core spec says this is a bad idea.  And in my
> opinion the behavior is unspecified.  So... a prefix mapping MUST be to
> an absolute URI.

would recommend 'URI' as per RFC 3986 as absolute URI can't have a fragment.

The 3 obvious choices are:

    URI           = scheme ":" hier-part [ "?" query ] [ "#" fragment ]

    URI-reference = URI / relative-ref

    absolute-URI  = scheme ":" hier-part [ "?" query ]

or the same from the IRI rfc.

Best,

Nathan