Re: Volunteers needed to review XHTML+RDFa 1.1

On 10/27/2010 09:30 AM, Thomas Steiner wrote:
> Saturday should work. Happy to help out. Stupid question: shall I post
> my comments simply to the mailing list, or is there a different
> process, like posting feedback to Shane before?

That's a very good question. Post your comments to this mailing list,
that way everyone is aware of your concerns and the editor can respond
to your comments directly. We try to operate as transparently as
possible, so having your e-mail recorded on this public mailing list is
best. For each comment, mention the section of the document that the
comment applies to, something like this for each comment would be great:

> 2.2 User Agent Conformance

This is an example comment on the user agent conformance section.

As long as you give enough context around your comment, you should be
fine. Here's another example:

> In section 6.5, processing step 6, if no URI is provided by a
> resource attribute, then first check to see if the element is the
> head or body element. If it is, then act as if there is an empty
> @about present, and process it according to the rule for @about.

This is another example where you quote a few sentences in the spec and
comment on the language of those sentences.

President/CEO - Digital Bazaar, Inc.
blog: Saving Journalism - The PaySwarm Developer API
http://digitalbazaar.com/2010/09/12/payswarm-api/