votes by email

On 05/22/2013 12:56 PM, Ivan Herman wrote:

> a Working Group is perfectly entitled to conduct a formal vote by
> email. In view of our time pressure, maybe this is one of those cases
> when we should not use telco time; indeed, I think all arguments pro
> and con have been already said and we should just close the issue in
> one way or other.
>
> Doing it this way (or not) is of course the chairs' decision.

IMHO the key point here is that everyone who is participating in the WG
has a chance to participate in the decision.  That requires clear
expectations.   It seems to me some people don't read every email,
counting on the fact that decisions are made at meetings.  Other people
don't come to meetings, counting on reading the agenda and/or
minutes.     But we could set up new expectation and practices.

Perhaps subject line starting "RDF-WG CONSENSUS CHECK" and always giving
them 7x24 hours.