Re: N-Triples test suite

On 13/03/13 00:28, Gregg Kellogg wrote:
> Spurred on by a suggestion from Gavin, I've created a test suite for
> N-Triples. This is mostly based on the Turtle syntax tests and the
> original RDF Tests version from Dave Beckett. I've added some
> additional negative syntax tests, but I'm sure there could be more. I
> didn't think that evaluation tests were particularly important, but
> we could have some to verify the equivalence of UTF-8 escaped and
> un-escaped.
>
> The format is the same as for Turtle, and the Manifest is in Turtle,
> but it uses rdft:TestNTriplesPositiveSyntax and
> rdft:TestNTriplesNegativeSyntax types.

As the format is so regular, I don't think it is much to worry about
because you could use perl to generate the information about each test
without needing to understand the RDF that the Turtle serializes.

> I didn't look at the Turtle "coverage" suite, and there are probably
> more specific things that can be added based on that. as well as more
> things that are legal in Turtle, but illegal in N-Triples.
>
> Tests are at
> <https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/rdf/raw-file/default/rdf-turtle/tests-nt/manifest.ttl>.
>
>  Gregg Kellogg gregg@greggkellogg.net

Gregg,

Thanks for doing this.

nt-syntax-bad-num-02.nt
nt-syntax-bad-num-03.nt

The files are empty - zero bytes
hg sync issue?

These tests

nt-syntax-datatypes-01
nt-syntax-datatypes-02

have relative URIs.  Could we make them absolute?

It does not affect the intent of the test and many N-Triples parsers
aren't going to do IRI resolution for location base.

Spec comment - I think the spec should say that in the syntax, unlike
Turtle, all IRIREFs MUST be absolute, i.e. no resolution required even
against the location base.