Re: Agenda: JSON-LD Telecon - Tuesday, September 11th 2012

Regrets (again). I've made some position statements below, though.

Gregg

On Sep 10, 2012, at 11:36 AM, Manu Sporny <msporny@digitalbazaar.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> We've handled most of the JSON-LD Syntax issues, just a few more to go.
> Most of the call tomorrow will focus on the JSON-LD API and getting that
> into shape before we go to Last Call with that document. Note that this
> week will be a 90-minute call.
>
> Information on how to join the call and previous minutes and audio logs
> can be found here:
>
> http://json-ld.org/minutes/
>
> The preliminary agenda is below. Please respond to this e-mail if you
> want to add something to the Agenda or if you have any questions.
>
> ==========
> Tuesday, September 11th 2012
> Time: 7am San Francisco, 10am Boston, 3pm London
> Digital Bazaar Telecon Bridge
>   SIP: json-ld@digitalbazaar.com
>   Phone US: +1.540.961.4469 x6303
> irc://freenode.net/#json-ld
> Duration: 90 minutes
> Scribes: François, Manu, Gregg, Niklas, Markus
> ==========
>
> Agenda
>
> 1. ISSUE-159: Add specifying @language to expanded form
>   * https://github.com/json-ld/json-ld.org/issues/159

+0.5, there may be some details still to be worked out, but we're going to need something like this for language-maps to be first-class citizens.

> 2. ISSUE-160: Specify property-generator round-tripping algorithm
>   * https://github.com/json-ld/json-ld.org/issues/160

+ 0.5 to Markus' approach. In general, I think it's okay for a single property URI to match a term with multiple URI definitions, which adds data.

> 3. ISSUE-113: IRI compaction algorithm
>   * https://github.com/json-ld/json-ld.org/issues/113

+0. This stuff has gotten entirely too complex. I think we might just go with the shortest and lexographically least term we find that simply matches the property IRI. Anything more complex is probably best implemented with custom logic anyway, but this might be too simplistic an approach.

> 4. ISSUE-140: Consider objectify/link API method
>   * https://github.com/json-ld/json-ld.org/issues/140

+1 on specifying something that does this, even if it's not normative.

> 5. ISSUE-153: Define error handler behavior
>   * https://github.com/json-ld/json-ld.org/issues/153

+0

Gregg