Re: RDF WG charter and JSON-LD resolutions

On 24/10/12 09:40, William Waites wrote:

> On 23/10/12 20:32, Richard Cyganiak wrote:
>
>> The WG could revive [1], which was abandoned/shelved quite some
>> time ago in favour of seeing how JSON-LD turns out.
>>
>> [1] http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/rdf/raw-file/default/rdf-json/index.html
>
> - -1 on this.
>
> I've worked quite a bit with RDF/JSON. It is far from being
> idiomatic JSON and doesn't address how to work with "normal
> looking" JSON with RDF glasses on. It is also not really
> suitable for putting into document stores like MongoDB. The
> benefit over, say, turtle isn't really very clear in my
> opinion.
>
> Cheers,
> - -w

There are two use cases:

1/ Exchange of RDF in JSON
2/ Giving an RDF interpretation to JSON documents

RDF/JSON is targeted at the first; design goals include simplicity and
clear RDF structure.

JSON-LD is targeted at the second; design goals include use/manipulation
of the JSON as JSON.

	Andy