Re: Factoring of entailment regimes (was: Re: Ill-typed vs. inconsistent?)

On 17 Nov 2012, at 13:15, Ivan Herman wrote:
> On Nov 16, 2012, at 20:06 , Pat Hayes wrote:
>> We could define a whole range of entailment regimes, in fact, even ones that "overlap" others, by mixing and matching groups of rules and axioms. So maybe we can re-define the 2004 regimes as we go, as well as our newly preferred "backbone". The 2004 regimes were written to exactly match the rdf, rdfs and rdfs+datatypes namespaces, so it would not be outrageously strange to repeat these in the revized specs, if only for historical interest.
>
> We could also use the renaming trick: we can use another term for RDF and RDFS entailments new style, keep the old ones unchanged, defined but declared 'deprecated' or something.
>
> I am not sure it is the best approach, just and early-morning-after-breakfast thought...

Perhaps best to proceed in the knowledge that we *could* still define entailment regimes corresponding to the 2004 ones if we want, and leave these question for later:

- whether to really define the 2004 entailment regimes
- whether they would be normative, informative, deprecated or whatever
- what the names for all the entailment regimes (new and old ones) will be

Best,
Richard