Re: RDF-ISSUE-110 (g-box): A proper term for the concept formerly known as “g-box”? [RDF Concepts]

On 9 Nov 2012, at 12:09, Kingsley Idehen wrote:
> At this juncture is there agreement about the following:
>
> 1. g-box -- an RDF document (purpose: denotes RDF source)

There are mutable containers/sources of RDF that are not document-like, so I don't think that RDF Document is a great choice of term here. “Document” has many many connotations that don't apply here.

> 2. g-text -- graph representation syntax

RDF Concepts never talks about g-texts.

> 3. g-snap -- graph instance.

Formally, “RDF graph”. Given that RDF graphs are abstract mathematical concepts, it's probably fair enough to call the particular one that you just loaded into your system an “RDF graph instance”, although I don't see what that adds over the simpler term.

> So we access RDF documents at an address, transform content, and then work with graph instances.

*Some* g-boxes are RDF documents that can be accessed at an address. Others aren't, for example the “slots” in a graph store.

Best,
Richard

> Kingsley
>>

>>> --AZ

>>> --
>>> Antoine Zimmermann
>>> ISCOD / LSTI - Institut Henri Fayol
>>> École Nationale Supérieure des Mines de Saint-Étienne
>>> 158 cours Fauriel
>>> 42023 Saint-Étienne Cedex 2
>>> France
>>> Tél:+33(0)4 77 42 66 03