Re: RDF-ISSUE-103 (dereferenceable-iris): Make dereferenceable IRIs a SHOULD in RDF Concepts [RDF Concepts]

On 11/1/12 10:07 AM, Peter F. Patel-Schneider wrote:
> -1 on this from me.
>
> I have nothing against saying that it is good practice under some
> conditions, but *SHOULD* is quite a strong thing to say.

That's fine, but understand that ultimately this affects how RDF and
Linked Data are related.

Personally, the association is loose ( via SHOULD) or very loose modulo
SHOULD, as you suggest via your -1.

We really have to be clear about what the RDF and Linked Data
relationship is, sooner rather than later.

At the current time, there are a number of folks on this list that still
believe (and push) the broken RDF == Linked Data narrative.

Kingsley

--

Regards,

Kingsley Idehen