Re: JSON-LD Syntax request for FPWD via RDF WG

Hi Markus,

On 22 May 2012, at 15:07, Markus Lanthaler wrote:
> Thanks Ivan for answering this. The formal specification of the to/from RDF
> conversion is in the API spec: http://json-ld.org/spec/latest/json-ld-api/
> which still needs a bit of work.

Ok, thanks, this is helpful.

Is there a particular reason why the RDF mapping is in the API spec rather than in the language spec?

Is the proposal that RDF-WG should take both the API spec and the language spec to REC?

At first glance, these sections look great. I notice three things though:

1. I'd prefer if the algorithms were defined in terms of standard RDF terminology (RDF graph, triple, IRI, etc.) rather than API interfaces that use quite different terminology (array of Statements, Statement, NamedNode, etc.)

See here for the RDF 1.1 data model:
http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/rdf/raw-file/default/rdf-concepts/index.html

2. Examples would be great.

3. Is it possible to serialize an RDF graph into a “pretty” JSON-LD document using a context? I presume the answer is “yes” and involves Compaction of the basic serialized output.

> Btw. I can't join the RDF WG mailing list. Is there anything I must know?

I believe that the list is members-only (with public archive). I don't know why. There is an open comments list here, which is generally better if non-WG-members are involved: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-comments/

Best,
Richard