Subsection 11.2 - Displaying (X)HTML

On Thu, May 17, 2012 at 11:40 AM, Richard Cyganiak <richard@cyganiak.de> wrote:
> Gavin,
>
> [moving this over to RDF-WG list]
>
> On 17 May 2012, at 17:48, Gavin Carothers wrote:
>> All of the Turtle in HTML section is non-normative.
>
> Is it?
>
> It's currently impossible to tell what's normative and what's informative in the Turtle ED.

I hope I've addressed this in the current editors draft.

> Some sections are titled “X.Y Section Title (Informative)”.

All removed.

> Some sections are titled “X.Y Section Title (Normative)”.

All removed.

> Some sections are just titled “X.Y Section Title”.

All titles are this way.

> Some sections start with the phrase “This section is non-normative”. The presence of this phrase seems not to be correlated with the presence of “(Informative)” in the section title.

All non-normative section should now have this marker.

> W3C's QA Framework [1] states as a Good Practice: “Specify in the conformance clause how to distinguish normative from informative content.” In fact, ReSpec automatically includes a boilerplate sentence defining this when you include a section like so:
>
>   <section id="conformance">
>       (… additional body content for Conformance section here …)
>   </section>

As discussed in the last WG meeting the conformance section has been
replaced with the simple boiler plate. No additional Turtle
conformance requirements are defined at the moment.

> This also inserts boilerplate explaining the RFC2119 magic words (MUST, SHOULD, etc.) and a reference to the RFC. This is currently also missing from the Turtle ED.

Yep, boilerplate inserted.

> See [2] for an example of this ReSpec feature in action.

Yeah, had been called #sec-conformance, now just #conformance

Thanks,
Gavin