Re: strawman draft of "RDF Data Layers and Datasets"

On 5/2/12 4:16 PM, David Wood wrote:

> On May 2, 2012, at 3:50 PM, Dan Brickley <danbri@danbri.org
> <mailto:danbri@danbri.org>> wrote:
>>
>> On Wednesday, 2 May 2012, Pat Hayes wrote:
>>
>>     So, trying to keep to the intuition of a bundle of things bound
>>     together, how about "page" ?
>>
>>     This has the obvious connection to 'web page', which invokes the
>>     whole http-get world: people are used to the metaphor that takes
>>     us from a sheet of paper in a book to a dynamic website that can
>>     be cached, etc.., so we can rely on this intuition shift again
>>     here. If we want to be more distinctive, we can call them RDF
>>     pages and treat 'page' as a contraction.
>>

>> Tempting, and I'd be happy to hear 'Web page' mentioned too. But can
>> you take it for a test-drive....? Maybe try a few sentences that use it?
>
> The problem will be that you will need to define an RDF page in
> relation to a Web page.  I suspect it will get awkward just where
> Sandro mentioned after today's telecon: An RDF page may be created
> from parsing a Web page.

Assuming a 'Web Page' == rendered (X)HTML resource to most. You can
differentiate by equating a 'Web Page' to blank paper while a 'Web
Sheet' is a like graph paper. Then triples or quads simply reflect
number of cells. You can even go further by connecting to other sheets
via cells that hold de-referencable URI based values etc..

--

Regards,

Kingsley Idehen
Founder&  CEO