Re: [ALL] 48 Hours to Prioritize Graph Use Cases

On 10/5/2011 2:56 PM, David Wood wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> We would like to prioritize the use cases for named graphs [1] before FTF2.
>
> At today's telecon, the following use cases were deemed important to attendees:
> - 1.1 Slicing datasets according to multiple dimensions
> - 1.5 Exchanging the contents of RDF stores
> - 1.6 Versioning in SDMX and DDI
> - 5.2 OWL's “Ontology Documents”
> - 6.2 Reasoning over annotations
>
> Further, it was proposed to drop the following use case:
> - 4.8 Provenance Information and Data Retention
> ...and add Sandro's provenance use case [2] in place of several existing provenance use cases (to be determined).
>
> Please note that the numbers are for reference only until the page is modified.  The numbers *will* change, no later than Friday.  The numbers in this message are from revision 1473 [3].
>
> If you object to these changes or have others to suggest, please respond to this message and/or update the wiki.  Thanks.  I will update the wiki no later than this weekend prior to the ftf.

I haven't read the rest of the thread yet, but these are the use cases
that are most important / relevant to us:

1.1 Slicing datasets according to multiple dimensions
1.2 Permissions
1.3 Graph Changes Over Time
1.5 Exchanging the contents of RDF stores
	(seems related to 4.4 Backup / Restore of Triplestores; also,
	I'm interested in selective 'replication' of subsets of a
	store, not just entire store exchange)
1.7 Graph Store Management
5.1 SPARQL's “RDF Dataset” and “Graph store”
5.2 OWL's “Ontology Documents”

The following are use cases that I'm very interested in but are not
directly relevant to what I'm doing today:

2.2 Computed Graphs
2.3 Graph URIs as Locations

Lee