Re: RDF-ISSUE-80 (rdf:PlainLiteral): Ask OWL and RIF WGs to update the rdf:PlainLiteral spec [RDF General]

On Thu, 2011-11-10 at 18:13 +0100, Ivan Herman wrote:
> The problem is that both the OWL and RIF are in dormant state. What this means is that if XSD Datatypes become a standard, they will both wake up, change the references in their document, maybe handle some errors, publish an edited document, and then the groups will be closed...
>
> I am not sure that what you propose is editorial only in terms of the document. If it is not, I do no think it is that simple...
>
> David or Guus, it would be a good idea to contact officially the RIF and OWL WG chairs on this. Cc it to the Coordination Group...

Are we really breaking backward compatibility that much?  Let's just
include some "Historical Notes" in RDF 1.1 that explains what terms like
"Plain Literal" meant, and how they should now be understood.  Then, I
think, existing systems will be fine.     (Or... perhaps I'm missing
something.)

    -- Sandro