RDF-ISSUE-16 (Base JSON Grammar): What is the normative serialization of the JSON grammar? [RDF JSON]

From: RDF Working Group Issue Tracker <sysbot+tracker@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2011 13:53:02 +0000
To: public-rdf-wg@w3.org

RDF-ISSUE-16 (Base JSON Grammar): What is the normative serialization of the JSON grammar? [RDF JSON]

http://www.w3.org/2011/rdf-wg/track/issues/16

Raised by: Manu Sporny
On product: RDF JSON

There are currently three JSON grammar serializations, which one should this Working Group use as the basis for the RDF/JSON serialization:

 * RFC4627: http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc4627.txt
 * ECMA-262 5th Edition: http://www.ecma-international.org/publications/files/ECMA-ST/ECMA-262.pdf
 * json.org: http://json.org/

I assert that we should use RFC4627 because it is correct and simple for parser developers to read.